Saturday 22 December 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

I politely asked Santa for a copy of the new book - The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Low and behold, I received it at our early Christmas dinner with J's family. 


We jumped on a plane at 8.30am yesterday. I read it for a few hours, napped, read some more. You know how it goes. I must mention there were a few squealing babies surrounding our seats. Now, squealing babies are fine. I understand, they do that, because really - what else can they do?! But for four hours!!! Needless to say, I was a slightly disgruntled passenger. There was a little girl, perhaps 12 months old (I am not really sure, no maternal instinct 'round here). She would not stop looking at me. Then, when I pulled a Christmas cookie gifted to me by a lovely friend, she pointed. And squealed. And pointed some more. She wanted my cookie. So I just gave her this look that 'said' "you are really cute, but you are sure as hell not having my cookie!" and she turned away and went to sleep. Funny.

We arrived in Darwin around 12.30pm, got home to Mum and Dad's place, I read some more and then I napped again. Woke up to a torrential storm, which apparently flooded the area one of the local bridges, and everyone else was napping. So what do you think I did? Kept reading. I finished the book in one day. I still can't believe it because I have the attention span of a salted peanut. 


The book is great. It's funny in parts, sad in parts and easy to read in all the other parts. I definitely recommend reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Especially if it is a balmy Saturday afternoon and you have some quiet time. I am looking forward to seeing the movie! 

Note: I never EVER nap. And I never EVER "have time" to read. I'm proud of myself and now have the reading bug! 

No comments:

Post a Comment