Friday 21 December 2012

Pizza Capers.

Outside of my typically planned and mapped intake of food, there are occasions when I simply cannot be bothered to prepare and cook a nutritious meal at home. Yesterday I didn't arrive home until late in the evening and J was busy mulching and watering the new trees down the paddock. We were also flying out to Darwin the next day (and I had gone a little cuckoo waiting for a water delivery - I cleaned out the fridge). Ha, it almost sounds like I am justifying our Friday night food frenzy. Let me assure you, I am NOT. 

We didn't leave home until 8.00pm to grab some dinner. I was hoping that the new Indian restaurant in Samford had opened. Unfortunately (which later turns to good fortune), it wasn't and Pizza Capers was the next best option. I like to have the best of ALL worlds when it comes to take away. I also am a real tight-ass, so if there are coupons on the counter then I, bloody well, will use them. On offer was a 'Gourmet 4 Course Banquet'. Winner! 

For $32.95 (add on $4.00 for a 1.25L Pepsi) J and I feasted on:
Appetiser - Sour Cream and Chives dip with Parmesan Dipping Crusts
Entre - Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
Main - Supremo Pizza
Dessert - Pear and White Chocolate Calzone

The service was amazing from the moment we arrived. The dining area was on a brand new deck and the table even had a little vase of flowers on it. The food was magnificent (yes, I said it). And the price??? Ridiculousy cheap. We were soooo full that we had the take the dessert home with us. It has been so hot in Brisbane lately so once we were home I stripped off and over indulged on the couch and slipped into food coma. Unfortunately I only managed to get a photo of the dessert...


No comments:

Post a Comment