Friday 18 January 2013

Time For Tea.

I have spent the last three days at my family home in Darwin. There was an immediate cessation of employment - I left my job of two (and a bit) years to take 2 weeks off before I start my new (real) career as an accountant. Since arriving in Darwin, I have done nothing. Bad tense? Either way, I haven't been up to much. Fortunately the weather has been quite pleasant, although today I had to have a midday shower as I was too sticky and had too many fly-aways and thought it was the only logical step for me to take. 

What is the point of this post? I am not exactly sure to be honest. I felt like I was about to 'give birth' to a giant bubble of excitement/anxiety/joy and I didn't know what to do. I will try to explore what is buzzing inside me.

  • I have stumbled across some lovely blogs, one being In Spaces Between - go and visit - you won't regret it. I think this discovery triggered the bubble. 
  • I have been reconsidering my "physical state" and how I have been enjoying life over the past month rather than planning my dietary habits and working out till I have to flop myself down onto the toilet. Don't get me wrong, I will revert to this come Friday 25th Jan. 
  • I have thought about what makes me happy at the moment and what I hope to experience throughout 2013. 
  • Despite waves of excitement surging above pangs of brute fear, I figure sitting in a car for 5 days travelling back to Brisbane with one of my best friends will be good for me.
  • Learning to deal with a great deal of uncertainty which is now imminent, has become paramount for me: I will start a new job, in the city and will travel via train. I will finally decide whether a small/medium SUV (in black of course) or a motorbike will better suit my travel needs. I will come to a conclusion about how to tackle health and fitness alongside my new job. It is ok that I am not sure what I will do at this very moment. Also, it is fine that I've gone off eggs in the morning and quiche at morning tea. After all, I know I get bored easily. 
  • In order of priority/induced level of comfort, I want to spend time working on our home at House on a Hill and explore things like stainless steel ceiling fans, white walls, chalkboard paint, silver baroque frames and maybe even a split system AC in the lounge/dining/shed area, amongst many other things (please don't be reading this J... bye bye "man chi"). 
  • Finally, it is ok that I have a few lumps and bumps on my skin at the moment. I will see a dermal therapist to sort it out.

Now that I feel like I have given birth to said bubble, it is time for Tea. Green tea with lemon, in fact. Before I nip off, here are some snippits of the last few days.


Skinny Cap at Java Spice Cafe in Darwin. If you get the chance, visit! It really is beautiful.


Gave Almond Meal pancakes a go this morning. They are low carb/high protein/wheat free so they are a good breakfast option for me. I will admit I do need to tweak the recipe a little! 


On my first night in Darwin, I made an Indian mince curry (from scratch) for my family. And yes I did eat white rice AND pappadums!

BB
X
Note: I am yet to work out how to rotate the photos (shame on me).

No comments:

Post a Comment