Saturday 26 January 2013

DIY Cleaning Products.



For Drains
There was a slight smell to the drains in my bathroom floor. To be perfectly frank, I have never thought to clean the drains before so I took the opportunity to do all of them. To start, I poured boiling water down each drain. Then, I sprinkled a few spoonfuls of Baking Soda (Bi-Carb Soda), followed by about 1 cup of white vinegar. The mixture bubbled up over the drain cover and I left it to sit for 5-10 minutes. Following that, I poured some more boiling water down the drain to make sure everything washed away. And what do you know... no smell!

With this success, I phoned J and told him of the news. He then proclaimed it was because of my hair and shampoo... 

For Underarm Stains
Recently I have been using Garnier Mineral Anti-Perspirant 'InvisiMax'. Designed for heat, sport and stress - I guess that's me during a "good week", haha! I think it is really great toiletry companies have developed these 'anti-white marks' sprays. Fantastic, in fact. What is not so fantastic, is that my white/light coloured shirts now have grey-ish and brown marks on them in the pits. I've done some research and it seems that aluminium is the culprit, so I am going to switch back to my Rexona Clinical Protection stick and see how I go.

To try and fix the problem, I made a paste using Baking Soda and water. Applied it to the shirts using a toothbrush for about 20 minutes, rinsed in cold water and then put through the washing using a Napi-san like product. Of course I added an extra rinse to the cycle because of my stupid sensitive skin. Unfortunately, there was no such success this time around. All of my shirts still have the same marks on them.

I guess in the mean time the next logical step is to keep my underarms shaved and search for another solution.

BB
X

No comments:

Post a Comment