Sunday 18 November 2012

Hello, J!


I usually like to have a focus for each of my posts but so much has happened over the past few weeks that everything is a jumble. Here is a rundown:



1. Finished my final exams on Thursday.
2. Started my "holidays" on Friday - I have two whole weeks off work - I haven't even thought about how my roster will work over Summer.
3. I am off to Bali tomorrow for 9 days with some friends. 
4. J said he didn't want me to do the groceries as I will be away. I purchased 4 'man-size' beef noodle bowls. 
5. Going to a Cancer Council fundraiser on Friday 30th November - if you are interested see http://tutusandtiaras12wbt.wordpress.com/
6. CrossFit Geebung has a new webpage - if you are interested see http://www.crossfitgeebung.com.au/ - I am looking forward to the Christmas party in a few weeks!
7. J complained that I haven't made a post in a while - so this is why I am here basically.

OH. Have just remembered some things to share...

Food
This year was my 4th year in university. Each and every year, come exam time (which happens 4 times a year!) I would feast and feast again on lollies, chocolates and whatever else I could get my hands on. I would make excuses and be so lenient on myself - I would say "oh, it's exam time, it'll be fine". However, this time around, I made serious changes. I used my food planner from Kikki.K, did a nice and fresh grocery shop and prepared meals/snacks in advance (where possible). I even tried a few new recipes. 

There was a pinnacle turning point within these two weeks for me. I couldn't remember the last time I ate chocolate (yes of course, I have eaten some since then!). This is the point I realised, that if you focus on something with all of your might and believe in yourself, you can really do anything. It was the 'cleanest' week of eating, ever. I had never felt so alive, full of energy and happy - despite the stress of my last ever exams -  I was so excited by what the next day had in store. So food, I thank you for one of the most valuable learning experiences of my life.

Uni
A four year journey has ended. Gone. Done and dusted. Just like that. Back in 2008, I never imagined I would make it this far - there was no light at the end of the tunnel. I had a little tidy of the study yesterday to rid myself of the clutter and papers. I have stored the last set of textbooks and will hopefully sell them over the Summer. When I look back, it was quite a tumultuous journey (I never want to move house again. 5 times in 4 years is too much. The next time will be a brand new architecturally designed home - hey J??? - and I will start fresh).

'Holidays'
I plan to go to Bali, have my parents visit for my graduation, go to Darwin for Christmas, go to DIY heaven at House on a Hill, spend time in the yard, spend time with J, cook, clean, re-organise (yes, I am for real) and of course - work. I am really hoping to have a quick trip overseas in February (destination T.B.D). We will wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment