Tuesday 30 October 2012

Rain. More please?

Finally, I have been home at 'House on a Hill' to experience a good storm! 



I am so thankful, as we are trying to get our new turf looking healthy. I also have some tomatoes (still green) growing and I am a little forgetful when it comes to water. They have been a long time coming. I planted the seeds in April when my Mumma was visiting. The brush turkeys have managed to munch on a few but hopefully this time around my crop are safe!

Whenever it rains, I get a little fluttery. Coming from Darwin, I associate rain with being at home with my family and balmy nights on the balcony. I haven't been 'home' for so long... I don't miss the place, I just miss my home - as in, Mumma and Dad's house.

I have been starting to go to CrossFit in the mornings a few times a week. It means that I get to spend the afternoon with J (if he manages to finish early, ha!). It is so hard to get up at 4.45am and I find that I never really do well in morning WODs. Today was a different story, I nailed my Clean & Jerk PB. Anyway, this morning, the sky was so pretty I had to pull over and take a photo. Perhaps it was something to do with the storm? The colours are a bit like a Rainbow Paddlepop!


And as I click 'publish'... the storm ends. How ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment