Sunday 7 October 2012

Preparation.


When we returned from Laceys Creek, I prepared some food for the week. Sundays are my preparation days and I simply cannot rest unless I do this! Terribly OCD, I know... Since I hadn't done the groceries yet, I used ingredients I always have at home.


When I make quiche, I just add whatever veggies I can find. This time around, I used red onion, green capsicum and red capsicum. For the base mixture, I add 6-10 eggs and almond milk until I think it is the right colour. I also added some short cut bacon to keep J happy!


Whenever I make protein balls, I use a combination of recipes and lots of judgement. This time around, I added:

- 2 scoops choc honeycomb WPI
- sprinkle of cocoa powder (for extra choc-ness)
- 1 tbsp coconut for mixture, keeping some aside for rolling
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (the one in a previous blog entry)
- few squirts of honey
- 1 cup oat bran/oatmeal 
- 1 tbsp LSA

Mix dry ingredients and melt wet ingredients in microwave. Mix both dry and wet ingredients together and add dashes of water if mixture is too dry. Roll into balls and then roll into coconut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment