Sunday 14 April 2013

Uncle Joe's Mess Hall.

This Saturday I returned to Uncle Joe's Mess Hall because I felt it was an undying need that must be fulfilled. Once again, the service had a strange feel to it. On this particular day, that was fine by me. For the first time since I can remember - I had a bit of a sore head (drank too much grape juice) and needed some kilojoules/oomph ASAP.

I ordered poached eggs on sourdough, a skinny cap (extra shot, no sugar) and a fresh juice. The girl assured me the OJ would be fresh and is delivered daily. I was pleased by all of the above items and enjoyed my experience there. When I paid the bill, the girl engaged in chit-chat, which was lovely and sealed the deal for me. There really is nothing better than the seclusion of a inner city laneway during the hussle and bussle of a Saturday morning. And yes, if you are wondering... I ordered a muffin to take away because that is what I do on Saturdays!





No comments:

Post a Comment